Meadowlands Parent Council is happy to be hosting a Virtual Parent Information Night – Talking to Kids about Hate Online
Date: Thursday May 12, 2022
Location: Virtual Google Meet
Click here to register. An email will be sent with the link to the session.
Talking to kids about hate online with Marc-Alexandre Ladouceur, Media Education Specialist at MediaSmarts
This workshop will examine:
- How and where kids are encountering different kinds of prejudice and hate online
- How to help kids respond to it and support them when it happens
- How to explain to kids that they can make a difference when they see hate and prejudice online
- How to create rules about treating people with respect online
- How to help kids recognize hate when they see it, and how they can report it
- How to have open discussions about race and diversity
Can’t make it? You can find helpful information on this topic on the MediaSmarts website.