Date & Time: May 8, 2018 18:30-20:30
- Call to order (5 min)
- Welcome and introductions
- Circulate attendance sheet
- Adoption of minutes
- Adoption of agenda
- Chair’s message
- Principal and Vice Principal Report (15 min)
- Teacher Report (10 min)
- Treasurer Report (10 min)
- OCASC Report (5 min)
- Grant committee (5 min)
- Constitution Review (20 min)
- Family Fun Night (10 min)
- Dates for next year (5 min)
- Motions to vote:
- An additional $900 for family fun night
- $100 for teacher breakfast
- Other comments or suggestions?
- Closing and Adjournment
Coffee and Tea to follow. Please bring your own mug!
The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board is planning to introduce a new International Baccalaureate (IB) program at Merivale High School beginning in the Fall of 2019. This would be the second IB program in the district; there is currently an IB program at Colonel By Secondary School.
In order to best serve the community, we would like your thoughts about some of the implementation issues for the new program. Specifically, decisions need to be made about three things:
- Attendance boundaries for the two IB programs;
- Semestering versus non-semestering at Merivale High School; and
- School start time at Merivale High School.
We have prepared some background information on each of these issues, which you can access from the links below. We will be holding two open houses where these issues will be discussed in more detail. We are also collecting feedback though our online discussion forum. We encourage you to learn more and share your thoughts with us. The consultation period runs until May 1, 2018.
You may choose to attend the open house. Please register for below:
April 23, 2018 Open House
Learn more here.